Committee for a New Georgia, a state political action committee, is the independent affiliated political committee of the New Georgia Project Action Fund.
The Committee supports campaigns that address underrepresented and underserved communities for a better Georgia.
Our 2022 Endorsements
Endorsed Candidates and Websites
It is that time of year, again, folks! Committee for a New Georgia is excited to present our endorsed candidates for this election cycle.
All our endorsed candidates reflect our progressive ideals: they are people who have a passion for community service and who share life experiences with the people they hope to serve. The New Georgia is younger, more progressive, and increasingly diverse.
The candidates we’ve chosen to endorse are some of the leaders who will push Georgia to be better, taking us to a new level.
- Stacey Abrams – Governor
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Stacey Abrams in her race to be the first Black woman to be elected governor in Georgia, and the nation. Stacey has plans that would benefit all Georgians, including expanding Medicaid and protecting our access to the ballot.
- Renitta Shannon – Lt. Governor
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Renitta Shannon in her race to become Georgia’s next Lt. Governor. She has been a strong advocate of voting and reproductive rights, always keeping the most marginalized communities at the forefront of her decision-making.
- Jen Jordan – Attorney General
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Jen Jordan in her race for Attorney General. As a Georgia State Senator, she has been a champion of reproductive rights and environmental justice, speaking out loudly and often about the issues facing her community.
- William Boddie – Labor Commissioner
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse William Boddie in his race to be Georgia’s next Labor Commissioner. William has been a champion of working people, working with folks on the ground, to protect and ensure workers’ rights.
- Janice Laws Robinson – Insurance Commissioner
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Janice Laws Robinson for Georgia’s next Insurance Commissioner. Janice has a long experience working in the insurance industry, and has firsthand knowledge on how to make insurance systems work better for Georgians.
- Patty Durand – PSC Dist. 2
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Patty Durand in her race for Dis. 2 of the Public Service Commission. Patty is a passionate advocate for a transparent and accessible PSC. She will be a great leader as Georgia becomes a greener state, with a more effective PSC.
- Chandra Farley – PSC Dist. 3
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Chandra Farley in her race for Dis. 3 of the Public Service Commission. She is a dedicated advocate for clean energy and environmental justice. She believes in the power of the PSC to help reduce harm to vulnerable populations.
- Eren Brumley – HD 51
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Eren Brumley for HD 51. Eren has a robust history of community service and a passion for her community. She’s been a poll worker, and understands the importance of protecting the right to vote. Eren is the best person for HD 51.
- Keona Jones – HD 56
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Keona Jones in her race to be the next representative from HD 56. She is a community advocate with a background in education and advocacy. She will be an excellent public servant for her constituents in HD 56.
- Park Cannon – HD 58
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Park Cannon for re-election as the representative for HD 58. Park has been a passionate defender of reproductive rights at the Gold Dome. Park is progressive and will work hard to ensure that progressive values prevail in HD 58.
- Phil Olaleye – HD 59
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Phil Olaleye in his run for HD 59. Phil is a tireless community advocate, dedicated to helping young Atlantans reach their educational goals. We are confident in his public service, and the people of HD 59 will be too.
- Bentley Hudgins – HD 90
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Bentley Hudgins in their race to be the next state representative for HD 90. Bentley is a force in progressive space in Georgia. They are a passionate public servant and will work with and for the folks in HD 90 each day.
- Doreen Carter – HD 93
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Representative Doreen Carter for re-election in HD 93. Doreen isn’t just a representative that shows up for session, but spends time getting to know the members of the district. Doreen is a dedicated public servant for HD 93.
- Ruwa Romman – HD 97
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Ruwa Romman in her race to be the next state representative from HD 97. Ruwa is a progressive candidate, with a history of organizing in Muslim and immigrant communities. She is the best choice for HD 97.
- Derek Mallow – SD 2
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Derek Mallow in his race in SD 2. He is a current state representative and has the support of progressive activists and organizations in Savannah. Derek is a passionate advocate and we know he will take that energy to the Senate
- Nabilah Islam – SD 7
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Nabilah Islam in her race for SD 7. Nabilah is a lifelong Gwinnett resident and proud graduate of GCPS. As the daughter of immigrants, she has always valued the power of community. We are confident that she will serve them well.
- Nan Orrock – SD 36
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Nan Orrock in her run to continue as the senator from SD 36. Nan has been a member of the legislature for a while, making her an invaluable resource for her colleagues. We are confident that she will continue to do the good work
- Melody Bray – SD 38
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Melody Bray in her run in SD 38. Melody is a young, progressive candidate, who has plans for legislation to improve housing costs, infrastructure, and education. We are confident that she is the best person to serve SD 38.
- Shalanda Miller – Fulton County Superior Court
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Judge Shalanda Miller in her run for Fulton County Superior Court. Shalanda is currently a judge on the Fulton Juvenile Court, where she helps families navigate complex circumstances. Shalanda is passionate about the law, families, and making sure that the people in her courtroom are treated with compassion and dignity. She is the best choice to be added to the Superior Court bench.
- Laverne Lewis Gaskins – Augusta Circuit Superior Court Judge
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Laverne Lewis Gaskins in her run for the Augusta-Richmond Superior Court. Laverne is an Augusta native, with deep roots in the community. She has a wealth of legal experience, including as an administrative law judge and as the former editor of the National Bar Association Magazine. Laverne brings a depth of knowledge that the superior court would greatly benefit from.
Seal of Approval Candidates
The Committee for a New Georgia recognizes that sometimes there is more than one person who is a good fit for a role. And in these races, we’ve given our seal of approval to let you know that both candidates are up for the job.