Committee for a New Georgia, a state political action committee, is the independent affiliated political committee of the New Georgia Project Action Fund.
The Committee supports campaigns that address underrepresented and underserved communities for a better Georgia.
Our 2022 Endorsements
Endorsed Candidates and Websites
It is that time of year, again, folks! Committee for a New Georgia is excited to present our endorsed candidates for this election cycle.
All our endorsed candidates reflect our progressive ideals: they are people who have a passion for community service and who share life experiences with the people they hope to serve. The New Georgia is younger, more progressive, and increasingly diverse.
The candidates we’ve chosen to endorse are some of the leaders who will push Georgia to be better, taking us to a new level.
- Stacey Abrams – Governor
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Stacey Abrams in her race to be the first Black woman to be elected governor in Georgia, and the nation. Stacey has plans that would benefit all Georgians, including expanding Medicaid and protecting our access to the ballot.
- Charlie Bailey – Lt. Governor
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Charlie Bailey for endorsement in his race to be the next Lt. Governor of Georgia. Charlie has passion for the people of this state, and will be confident in his efforts to bring order to a chaotic state senate.
- Jen Jordan – Attorney General
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Jen Jordan in her race for Attorney General. As a Georgia State Senator, she has been a champion of reproductive rights and environmental justice, speaking out loudly and often about the issues facing her community.
- William Boddie – Labor Commissioner
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse William Boddie in his race to be Georgia’s next Labor Commissioner. William has been a champion of working people, working with folks on the ground, to protect and ensure workers’ rights.
- Janice Laws Robinson – Insurance Commissioner
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Janice Laws Robinson for Georgia’s next Insurance Commissioner. Janice has a long experience working in the insurance industry, and has firsthand knowledge on how to make insurance systems work better for Georgians.
- Patty Durand – PSC Dist. 2
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Patty Durand in her race for Dis. 2 of the Public Service Commission. Patty is a passionate advocate for a transparent and accessible PSC. She will be a great leader as Georgia becomes a greener state, with a more effective PSC.
- Derek Mallow – SD 2
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Derek Mallow in his race in SD 2. He is a current state representative and has the support of progressive activists and organizations in Savannah. Derek is a passionate advocate and we know he will take that energy to the Senate.
- Jason Esteves – SD 6
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Jason Esteves in his run for SD 6. Jason has spent nearly a decade serving the people of his community and, when elected, will be one of only a handful of Latinx Senators in Georgia’s history.
- Nabilah Islam – SD 7
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Nabilah Islam in her race for SD 7. Nabilah is a lifelong Gwinnett resident and proud graduate of GCPS. As the daughter of immigrants, she has always valued the power of community. We are confident that she will serve them well.
- Kacy Morgan – SD 17
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Kacy Morgan in his race to the next senator from SD 17. The people of SD 17 would be lucky to have such a dedicated leader with lived experiences that reflect their own.
- Sylvia Bennett – SD 32
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Sylvia Bennett in her run in SD 32. Sylvia is part of a military family, and has a background in serving her community in various capacities. Sylvia is dedicated to making sure the people in SD 32 have representation that works for them.
- Nan Orrock – SD 36
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Nan Orrock in her run to continue as the senator from SD 36. Nan has been a member of the legislature for a while, making her an invaluable resource for her colleagues. We are confident that she will continue to do the good work.
- Kim Jackson – SD 41
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Senator Kim Jackson for reelection in SD 41. Senator Jackson serves her community through her legislative work, and her work as a pastor. Fighting for the most vulnerable Georgians is what motivates Senator Jackson, and she will use that energy to take her back to the state senate.
- Solomon Adesanya – HD 43
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Solomon Adesanya for his run for HD 43. Solomon is a small business owner and dad who wants to make sure the people of East Cobb have representation looking out for them. Solomon will be a huge asset to the legislature and will work diligently for his constituents.
- Willie Mae Oyogoa – HD 44
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Willie Mae Oyoga in her race for HD 44. Willie Mae is a small business owner with a particular passion for ensuring voting rights and ensuring folks make a living wage. Willie Mae is working hard to make sure she is the best representative for the people of HD 44.
- Micheal Garza – HD 46
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Micheal Garza in his run for HD 46. Micheal is a web designer, a skillset that is not currently represented in the statehouse, with a perspective that we would all benefit from having in power. A millennial dad, Micheal is representative of the New Georgia majority, and will make an excellent state rep.
- Dr. Michelle Au – HD 50
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Dr. Michelle Au in her run for HD 50. Dr. Au is a current state senator, physician, and mom who brings an incredible amount of knowledge and procedure to the senate, and we know she will keep that same energy in the house. Dr. Au is too effective of a legislator to lose.
- Park Cannon – HD 58
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Park Cannon for re-election as the representative for HD 58. Park has been a passionate defender of reproductive rights at the Gold Dome. Park is progressive and will work hard to ensure that progressive values prevail in HD 58.
- Phil Olaleye – HD 59
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Phil Olaleye in his run for HD 59. Phil is a tireless community advocate, dedicated to helping young Atlantans reach their educational goals. We are confident in his public service, and the people of HD 59 will be too.
- Kim Schofield – HD 63
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Kim Schofield in her fun for reelection in HD 63. A proven champion for the rights of women and other marginalized groups, Rep. Schofield has proven that her voice is crucial to have in the legislature. Not only is Kim working for the people in her district, but also making sure that the legislature itself is equitable and accessible. Her district and the state are better because of her service.
- Mandisha Thomas – HD 65
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Mandisha Thomas in her run for HD 65. A current state representative, Mandisha understands the legislature, and her constituents, better than anyone. She is knowledgeable about the things impacting them, and is working to uplift marginalized groups, especially Black farmers.
- Doreen Carter – HD 93
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Representative Doreen Carter for re-election in HD 93. Doreen isn’t just a representative that shows up for session, but spends time getting to know the members of the district. Doreen is a dedicated public servant for HD 93.
- Ruwa Romman – HD 97
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Ruwa Romman in her race to be the next state representative from HD 97. Ruwa is a progressive candidate, with a history of organizing in Muslim and immigrant communities. She is the best choice for HD 97.
- Om Duggal – HD 99
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Om Duggal in his run for HD 99. Om is a passionate businessowner and Gwinnett County immigrant who has a dedication for serving his community. Om is a testament to hard work, and will be a dedicated public servant for the people of HD 99.
- Gabe Okoye – HD 102
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Gabe Okoye in his run for HD 102. Gabe has been involved in Gwinnett politics for years, helping to make sure Gwinnett politicians share lived experiences and backgrounds with the people they serve. Gabe is a Nigerian immigrant, and has strong connections with the community in HD 102.
- Segun Adeyina – HD 110
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Segun Adeyina in his run for HD 110. Segun is experienced with public affairs, and has a good sense of what the legislature should be focusing on, things like protecting voting access and expanding Medicaid.
- Regina Lewis-Ward – HD 115
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Rep. Regina Lewis-Ward in her reelection bid in HD 115. Regina is a current representative, serving her district with compassion and dedication, doing work and advocacy on their behalf in the legislature. Regina is a strong representative, and we support her efforts to continue that work.
- El-Mahdi Holly – HD 116
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse El-Mahdi Holly in his run for reelection in HD 116. El-Mahdi is a legislator who is not afraid to speak his mind, especially on behalf of his constituents. He is known for being a guy who will show up and do the work, and we know he will continue to do so if reelected.
- Mokah Jasmine Johnson – HD 120
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Mokah Jasmine Johnson in her run for HD 120. Mokah is known in the HD 120 community for her organizing work, especially around issues like criminal justice reform and voting rights. She is dedicated to making her community better through public service. Mokah will represent her community well, and bring a necessary voice to the legislature.
- Gloria Frazier – HD 126
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Gloria Frazier in her reelection bid in HD 126. Gloria is a longtime legislator who has been a part of caucus leadership, and who has represented the people in her community very well. Some of the things she has accomplished include improving conditions for seniors in the state, and securing more funding for sickle cell patients. Rep. Frazier is a dedicated public servant who will continue to serve her constituents well.
- Joyce Barlow – HD 151
- The Committee for a New Georgia is proud to endorse Joyce Barlow in her run for HD 151. Joyce is a nurse, and has been awarded for her work in the field, as well as in the community. She is running in one of the most competitive races for the statehouse, but she is a formidable opponent, keeping the needs of marginalized groups in her community at the forefront of her campaign.
Seal of Approval Candidates
The Committee for a New Georgia recognizes that sometimes there is more than one person who is a good fit for a role. And in these races, we’ve given our seal of approval to let you know that both candidates are up for the job.